Scope of the Papers
N3Summit 2011 topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
1-. Nano-Devices and Nano-Systems Design and Manufacturing
Nanotechnology provides a new set of tools to design and manufacture components, devices and systems in a scale between one and a few hundred nanometers. In particular, we are interested in:
- Bionanonechnology and its application to nanonetworks.
- Biological nanosensor and nanoactuator design.
- Bio-sensing and biological in-vivo monitoring systems.
- Reconfigurable nano-bio systems.
- Cellular machine bio-engineering for communication, e.g., genetically engineered cells, bacteria hybridization, etc.
- Bio-inspired and bio-based circuits and architectures.
- Biological nanomaterials and nanostructures.
- Nano-bio networking systems, e.g., in-vitro and in-vivo networks, etc.
- Molecular and carbon nanoelectronic devices and systems, e.g., graphene multi-functional and RF transistors, amplifiers, filters, memories, nano-antennas, etc.
- Nanophotonic devices and systems, e.g., optical switches and modulators, optical wireless interconnects, etc.
- Quantum electronic devices and systems, e.g., quantum registers, quantum memories, etc.
- Integration techniques for nanoscale components, e.g., DNA scaffolding, molecular selfassembly, etc.
- Nanosensor design and manufacturing, e.g., CNT-based transistors, functionalized materials for biological and chemical sensors, etc.
- Nanoscale energy systems, e.g., nano-batteries, nano-ultra-capacitors, harvesting mechanisms, ZnO.
2-. Nano Communications and Networks
The interconnection of nanodevices requires the development of new communication paradigms suited for the nanoscale. In particular, we are interested in:
- Propagation architectures for molecular communication, e.g., diffusion-based, molecular motors, carrier-based, etc.
- Channel modeling for molecular propagation of information.
- Capacity analysis of molecular communication systems.
- Molecular information modulation and coding.
- Molecular networking protocols for medium access and routing.
- Design of devices for molecular communication, e.g., molecular transmitter/receiver.
Electromagnetic and Quantum Communications
- Propagation models for nano-electromagnetic communications.
- Interaction of electromagnetic waves and nanoscale entities.
- Modulations and coding techniques for EM nanonetworks.
- New network architectures and protocols for EM nanonetworks.
- Quantum communication and networks.
3-. Nanoscale and Quantum Computing
Nanocomputers and information processing at the nanoscale is another challenging field. We are interested in the most relevant current research trends of this field such as:
- Molecular computing
- Nanoscale and molecular logic gates and flip-flops
- Quantum computing and information processing
- Nano coding and compression
- DNA computing and coding
- Quantum cellular automata
- Bio-molecular automata
4-. Applications of Nanonetworks
Communication among nanodevices enables new applications of nanotechnology in diverse fields. We are interested in novel applications such as:
- Wireless nanosensor networks.
- Health monitoring nanonetworks.
- Intelligent drug delivery systems.
- Intra-body sensor/actuator networks.
- Wireless networks of multi-core computing architectures.
- Ultra-high-speed wireless networks in the Terahertz Band.